May 17, 2018
After playing with numerous stencils to create this journal page, it became apparent that I must get them better organized. I've ordered some clear vinyl sleeves and plan to place them all in a 3-ring binder.
This way, I'll know what I've got and use them more often as they really are a "joy" to work with.
Stencil It is this week's theme at Simon's Monday Challenge Blog and except for the red stamped script, washi tape and minor line work, everything you see on the page was made with a stencil (some store-bought, some hand made).
After applying the stencils, I gave the page a light coat of gesso then began to bring out the lines in the large lotus flower with a Pitt pen.
The next view shows additional line work and the beginning of value adjustments to put back some color. The nice thing about stencils is you can line them up with the original printing to finesse them as needed.
I added additional stencils of tiny leaves and the large text, some washi tape and a bit more line work to balance out the page.
Here are some close-ups you might enjoy--the last one shows how I used a stencil to mask the original printing and went over it with a text stamp.
May 05, 2018
Time. Oh what a topic and such a precious commodity! It's the theme at Simon this week and here's what I made.
Crafted from some Idea-ology bits (pocket watch, flowers) and the new Worn Wallpaper, it was assembled with a homemade box and basswood strips. The support for the pocket watch is a small wooden tag turned upside down.
A vintage image was placed under the dome of the watch and I embellished it with a ball chain. The quote is an image transfer.
April 26, 2018
This moth was clipped from some vintage Tim Holtz kraft paper and it was labeled as a "Polyommatus Theo." Now you know.
It became a decoration for this greeting card made from other Tim papers as well as an old book page. I seldom add sentiments so I can use the card for any occasion.
The flowers (Stampers Anonymous Flower Garden set) had another life before they became a part of this card. When a tag I was working on turned south, I cut them off the tag and reused them.
I used a transparent white paint to fill-in the flowers and the Distress inks underneath bled through. This explains the coloring you see in the final piece.
The text stamp is Stamper's Anonymous Ledger Script and the dots are Perfect Pearls and there's also a bit of machine stitching (something you don't see on a store-bought card).
I'm linking to Simon's Monday Challenge blog for this week's theme which is Flower Power.