/* */ Beulah Bee: Oliver

February 16, 2016

Oliver


Recycle/upcycle is this week's Monday blog challenge at Simon Says Stamp. So, I used a paper bag Valentine's Day luminary that was marked down after the holiday for the background of this tag.

(You can click on the photos for a larger, lightbox view.)




This was a chance to use my very first mini-Distress inks--I purchased Group #13 and think it is a great color combo. The darker brown at the bottom was made by combining the two complimentary colors, Abandoned Coral and Cracked Pistachio.

The flowers are from the Wallflower paper stash and the sun face was cut from an image of a Tarot Card.

You might notice in the pre-paste photo above that there are white strips attached to various flower parts. These are intentionally cut to hold the delicate parts of the flower together and I remove them immediately after I paste it down (before the glue fully dries).

The best glue to use when pasting something this intricate is an aerosol spray adhesive and I never, ever, ever use it indoors!

The portrait is of my grandfather who passed away several years before I was born.